Friday, August 14, 2009

Remember MTV's Becoming? Yeah, it's Kind of Like That

During yesterday's preseason game between the Redskins and Ravens, Jerome Bettis came back from retirement. Only not really.

Actually, the people who make Redskins uniforms had a jersey malfunction. Ladell Betts, for 8/13/09, became Ladell Bettis. Only in D.C. can this stuff happen on a regular basis.

Betts' thoughts on the error?

"Actually, I do like Jerome Bettis, but I don't prefer to have his name on my back," he said. "I wasn't upset or anything. I think the equipment people felt bad, but I wasn't mad at them."

Betts finished Thursday's game with 17 total yards on 5 touches. Looks like the Bettis name didn't do much for him, which is a real shame.

Thanks to Yahoo, D.C. Sports Blog, and the Nationals Enquirer for spreading the name news!

No comments:

Post a Comment