Friday, August 13, 2010

Anyone else awarded "Top Blog," aka is this thing for real?

I got an e-mail from a Mrs. Madison Evans letting me know the following:

"Congratulations! Madison here, representing the #1 resource for learning.
Your blog, The Great Sports Name Hall of Fame, was determined to be one of
the best blogs to learn about your topic, and has received our 2010 Top
Baseball Card Collecting Blogs award!"

It further explains that voting was done anonymously through my reader base, and then gives a list of other winning blogs, which is basically every single card blog out there. The website has that page, a page where you can add an award badge to your blog, and a page explaining it all, and that's about it.

Seems sketchy. Anyone know if it's legit? The "winning" only really gets you a badge, so it's not like they'd rip us off...but at the same time who knows? I'm mostly just wondering if anyone else got an e-mail about this thing, and whether someone out there knows more than me.

8 comments:

  1. Got one as well. So did about 52 other blogs. It smells very fishy, but hey, it's an award!!!

    Sincerely,

    JayBee Anama
    bdj610

    ReplyDelete
  2. The name looks familiar. I think I may have gotten it in my spam folder, in which case I just deleted it without even looking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's a scam... the badges have code written in to take people to their website.

    not to mention that a lot of the "winning" blogs have been dead for over 6 months...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I figured it was something like that Captain, thanks for the verification!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got that email. Into the trash it went.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't get the e-mail. I feel like George Costanza with the Sunshine Carpet Cleaners. "What kind of a snobby, stuck-up, cult is
    this?!"

    ReplyDelete