Thursday, January 19, 2012

My Second Patriots 8 x 10 Auto!

I finally got around to some scanning last week, which means I can post more of the goodies that I've picked up recently. Or at least...semi recently. This goodie came from Christmas:
It's an 8 x 10 auto of former Patriot great Lawyer Milloy. When I was growing up he was probably my favorite guy on the Pats during their pre-Super Bowl years, due to his hard hitting and the lethal combination of him and Ty Law (Lawyer and the Law). He was part of the first Championship winning Pats team, but then a year later he was cut due to salary cap issues despite being a team captain. He's taken it in stride since and had a pretty decent continued career with the Bills, Falcons, and most recently Seahawks. Definitely one of my favorite safeties of all time, so I'm glad to have an auto of his!

On a side note, I have a weird story about Milloy from back in my childhood - I sort of "met" him once. I played lacrosse in high school, and one of my camps was at Bryant College, which also happened to be where the Pats had training camp at the time. So one day we were walking back from a camp session and we happened to walk by the entire Patriots team. We're talking Richard Seymour, Ty Law, Tom Brady (heck yeah!) and wouldn't you know it, Lawyer Milloy. So that in and of itself was pretty excellent.

But to make it crazier...we had a guy at camp whose Dad liked to take pictures of cool stuff. Included in his definition of cool stuff? Lawyer Milloy's baller of a car - some kind of Land Rover in a nice silver color with some sweet rims. So the guy goes to take a picture of the car, and Milloy catches him in the act and gives him a "HEY DON'T YOU TAKE ANY PICTURES OF MY CAR!" Weird...and off putting...but also really really funny. Needless to say, the Dad waited until Milloy left to snap a picture of the car. I know I'd hate to be on Milloy's bad side!

No comments:

Post a Comment