Friday, August 8, 2014

HOF Friday - The Newest GSNHOF Nominee is Napoleon Einstein

Napoleon Einstein is an Indian cricketer.  I think he's still active, but it's really hard to tell given that I know nothing about Cricket...so these stats just confuse me.  Some things I learned about Napoleon Einstein (and life in writing this post include):

-  The Einstein part is named after Albert Einstein - according to Napoleon Science runs in their family and his Grandfather once wrote a letter to Einstein (with a reply!) so Einstein meant a lot to them.

- The Napoleon part comes from his Dad...so it's not actually a direct reference to Napoleon Bonaparte (or any other Napoleon) like I originally figured.

- Per Wikipedia regarding both names, "In this Indian name, the name Napoleon is a patronymic, not a family name, and the person should be referred to by the given nameEinstein."  So I guess his first name is Einstein...neat.

Some things I did not learn for this post:

- Anything about Cricket.

I also found two videos.  The first one is a video explaining where the name came from (a rehash of what I wrote, or rather what I wrote was a rehash of the video).  The second is a rap battle between Einstein and Napoleon Bonaparte done with xtranormal.  It's xtraweird.

Video 1

Video 2

Einstein will join Seth Schwindenhammer on the Current Voting Ballot (more than two years after Seth was first nominated.

To see the best sports names of all time, visit the Truly Great Names page.
To see some good sports names that were voted out, visit the Good Names page.
To see the current voting ballot, visit the Ballot page.

No comments:

Post a Comment