Monday, January 11, 2010

New Year's Resolutions For the Blog - 10 Days Late

New Year's came and went. I meant to make resolutions for this blog, but never got around to it. Whoops.

Well, better late than never I always say.

1. Less Trade Posts/More Real Posts
This blog started out with random analysis and great names, but has turned into 85% trade posts and 15% phoning it in. I'm busy, but not so busy that my blog has to be a snoozefest. I'm at least going to make the Hall of Fame appear more regularly (maybe once a week nominees or something), but I'll hopefully bring some other cool stuff in too.

2. Collect 500 McGriffs and finish my 1989 and 1992 sets
I think this is doable, as it's something like 150 McGriffs to go, 100 89's (most of which are on their way) to go and then a few hundred 92's to go. I've never finished anything in my short time as a card blog - it's time to make that happen!

3. Get pictures of all of my McGriff cards posted by next New Year's
A while back I said that I'd try to do this, but I kind of fell way behind and now only post Freds when I get them in trades. I figure that needs to change. At least a Fred post a week or maybe a Fred a day is the way I need to go - that way I will eventually catch up to all of the Freds I have and it'll be easier to post them when I get them. Huzzah!

4. Try to sell some cards
There are some cards that neither I nor bloggers want. Whether beckett, ebay, or checkoutmycards, I think I'm going to venture into card sales. Ebay seems like a good spot for now, as they now offer five free listings every thirty days. Not too shabby sirs.

I guess that's it for now - all achievable and hopefully shall be achieved. I'd say 2 happens, 3 probably happens, and 1 and 4 are given the old college try. Whether I kick ass or fail miserably, I hope it'll be a nice ride for all of you readers out there. Enjoy the 2010 version of the GSNHOF!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with the resolutions...you're making yours when most people have already dropped the ones they made on the 1st! We...at least I...still like to read a trade post now and again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks man! And they will still go up (trade posts), as I do like them and I like thanking people. I just want to even out the content a little bit - sometimes this blog feels like the great trade post hall of fame.

    ReplyDelete