Wednesday, June 3, 2020

Collecting during the quarantine - With a correction and some updates

I've been really torn about collecting during 2020.  At times it feels foolish to contribute to sellers and postal workers going out into the world, and then at other times it feels positive to help out our postal system and give a few bucks to people who might need them.  So recently, after contributing to a few important social causes, I decided to browse Ebay for some cards and VHS.  And as a result I have some cool cards to show off in ensuing days!

Today's card is a variation of what I consider the best Seneca Wallace card in my collection.  That "best" card is my Food World patch from the 2003 Senior Bowl:

The new card is just a different card from that same /75 print run.  I love the look of these, and the price wasn't too bad, so check it out!

Problem is, I looked at the red and the 9 underneath and couldn't find it anywhere on the Senior Bowl patch from that year.  For reference, I was using this image of a Thomas Tapeh jersey as my reference.

If you look on the shoulders, the patches don't have anything that looks red or with a number 9 like in my new patch card.

So then I looked through all my Seneca cards for a different view of the patch.  And realized I had forgotten that the logo for that year was actually on the Senior Bowl card I had of his!

See?  It's huge here!

Which meant that the Tapeh card was actually from the 2004 Senior Bowl.  Food World was in both logos, but the big 2003 and Since 1950 were not in the 2004 patch.

NOW you can easily see where my new patch comes from.

And here's the old patch again for good measure.  Man these patches are so cool.

So apologies to any Thomas Tapeh fans out there - his logo was from 2004 and I never realized I had my own example of the logo from 2003.  Correction made, and I'm happy to have two cards from this amazing print run.  I definitely hope to add more in the future!

I also promised one update, and that update is long overdue.  I last updated my list of lefthanded quarterbacks of NFL history in 2017, and since then they had all retired.  But with this NFL draft came some excitement - Tua Tagovailoa, who was a freshman back in 2012, is now in the NFL.  We have a lefthanded quarterback again!  BOOYAH!  

So if you feel like seeing the new updated list, it's been updated.  I now count 42 lefty QBs in league history.

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the addition of the new Wallace patch. What VHS tapes have you been looking for? Oh... and one more thing... long live the Left-Handed QB Club.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And I’ve mostly been chasing 80s-90s horror. Have all
      The Halloweens, most of the Friday the 13ths and most of the Puppetmasters. I’ll have to post a pic someday.

      Delete
  2. Thanks! I've mainly been on the lookout for a lot of 80's-90's horror. I have all the Halloweens, all the Friday the 13ths (But some were messed up so I have to replace those) and most of the Puppet Masters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i was eyeing that patch :) glad someone great got it!

    ReplyDelete