Sunday, December 5, 2021

Plates and Patches courtesy of Ebay and COMC

I continue to dip my toes back into the card world little by little.  If I'm being honest, it's likely mostly because of my renewed love for VHS that arose during the beginning of the pandemic.  I've been buying more VHS on EBay as I find cool stuff I like, and that's led to me looking for cards on COMC and Ebay more like I used to back in the day.  Hooray for physical media!

Anywho, one very cool aspect of getting more serious about my collections after taking some time away is the fact that some rare cards popped up for me to find.

Seneca Wallace cards?

Well...no.  When you have as close to 100% of a collection as I do, new cards appear pretty rarely.  But I did find a Rod Smart printing plate finally on COMC.  Here it is in all its yellow, bordered glory:

And staying on COMC, I was also able to pick up a yellow Thaddeus Lewis plate:

Two plates of guys I never had plates of before - how cool is that?  I might have to take a hiatus more often if that's the result!

With long sought cards coming in, I decided to also finally bite on an auto/relic of a guy I'd been seeking for years - Samkon Gado.  He's a pretty random running back from the early 00's who I remember as a Packer, and his autos have always been kind of expensive so I always passed.  But a BIN/BO hit just right and I grabbed this cool auto/relic of his:
Since retiring, Gado has gotten a medical degree and is working on improving healthcare in his native Nigeria.  Pretty remarkable guy, and makes me feel good about springing for a card of his finally.

The rest of the cards in this post were sitting in my COMC inventory, so I finally had them shipped when I shipped the printing plates.  The first is a really nice autograph of another former RB.  This guy's a little more well known - Jamal Anderson:
It feels like on-card autos are so hard to find these days, so when you find a crisp on-card auto of a legend it's hard to say no.  Nice to finally have a Dirty Bird auto in the collection.

I also grabbed a few Jaguar patches - longtime readers know I LOVE those patches:

I think the Leftwich one is especially nice - any time the Jaguar eye gets into the logo it's so dang cool.

Another random logo patch was this Bishop Sankey/Austin Seferian-Jenkins dual jersey card.  It's more like a helmet decal than a patch, but I dig it!

And finally, just two jersey cards I found neat of two colorful characters of NFL past, Pacman Jones and Ricky Williams:

I almost sold the Williams, but it's hard to part with a four color patch of such a cool cat.  Glad to have it in the collection!

1 comment:

  1. Nice Ricky! You should post about some of your interesting VHS finds.

    ReplyDelete