Wednesday, October 26, 2022

An all time card back quote I somehow missed a few days ago!

I showed a few card backs in my recent Mike James pickup post.  When sorting the cards a bit today, I realized I had missed a pretty great quote on the back of one.  Here's the card in question:


"I'm going to have my Hummer, I have my snow boots, I have my snow coat," he says of the changes of climes.

That's Mike James discussing the move from Houston to Toronto, and man...that line has a little bit of everything.  I love the mid 00's Hummer reference, I love that he calls it a snow coat as opposed to a winter coat or just a coat, and I love the word "climes," which is a legit word but one I've never heard of or seen before in my life.  Just a magnificent sentence brought to you by 05-06 Topps and Mike James. Beautiful stuff. 

1 comment:

  1. Thought "climes" was a type. Learned something new today.

    ReplyDelete