Sunday, November 13, 2022

I'm done with you 2015!

Everyone displays their collections differently in the card community, which I dig.  Some people just kind of give you a general idea of what they have through anecdotes over time, while others give you detailed spreadsheets of their every want and need.  Variety is the spice of life!

I tend to lean more towards the spreadsheet side, and on this blog I like to separate my player collections by year so I can focus on "finishing" an entire year of a collection at times.  It makes a real big collection feel a little less overwhelming, which is nice.

So lately as I was browsing through my collections, I realized that Thaddeus Lewis actually had a few more cards than I thought.  He was undrafted in 2010, but a QB at a prominent school (Duke), so he made his way into nine different products that year,  For a while that's all I had listed for his collection, but in 2015 Panini made a Duke specific product that included a Thad Lewis card with three parallels.  I grabbed the base card a while back.  This past week I thought aloud - "I wonder if I could complete this set fairly easily."

To Ebay I was.  And dang, there they were.  A few copies of the un-numbered silver parallel.  One auction for the gold /25.  And actually two auctions for the black /10 - one that came with a silver and base, and one that was more expensive and sold on it's own.  Yeah I'm gonna go with the combo in that instance.

A few clicks later, I had won two auctions for three cards, completing my 2015 section of my Thad Lewis collection.  I think they look pretty dang cool all together!

Hopefully someday I'll complete the 2010 portion as well!

2 comments:

  1. I need to one day do the spreadsheet thing. Right now... I'm just trying to keep up with everyone's blog posts. But maybe one day.

    ReplyDelete