Saturday, March 6, 2010

I am a Happy Mooss Tonight (Browns QB Rumors)!

Most of you know that my favorite football team is the Cleveland Browns. I know they're terrible, but I love lovable losers, and so they're my guys. The Browns had pretty terrible quarterback play last year, and so the top priority this offseason seems to be that position. I expected maybe they'd draft a guy, or they'd try and trade for some chump like Jason Campbell or Michael Vick. But lo and behold - they're interested in two of my favorite backup quarterbacks. Somebody pinch me, because I must be dreaming!

First, at around 10 this morning, I saw a rumor that one of their top trade targets is Seneca Wallace.
Seneca has been one of my favorite NFLers since he first entered the league in 2003. He's speedy, he's accurate, he's a competitor, and he looks great in a Browns uniform. I will be so psyched if the Browns trade a few picks for this guy - I know Holmgren can turn him into something special.

As if the news couldn't get any better, I found out a few hours later that the Browns are also interested in another one of my NFL player collection QB's: David Carr.
I know a lot of people are down on Carr given his lack of success in Houston and penance for sacks, but I still think he's got some talent. Rocket arm, tough as nails, and certainly has the franchise QB pedigree. He just could use a little more talent around him - like say the Browns decent offensive line and not-too-shabby running game!

In terms of strategy, signing both of these guys wouldn't be too bad. Wallace can be had for a few lower round draft picks (of which the Browns have plenty this year), and Carr can probably be had for 1-2 million bucks if he has a chance to start. These guys have complete opposite strengths, and I think that could give opponents fits. And both these guys really deserve another (or in Seneca's case a first) shot at starting in the NFL. It would definitely set the stage for a truly epic training camp.

In terms of my love of football...it really doesn't get any better than this. If you made me pick my top 3 NFL players, I would probably choose Josh Cribbs, Wallace, and then Carr. Now they might all be on the same team!

Somebody pinch me...only way this could get better is if Kyle Boller is signed on to be QB3...

(Oh, and I player collect both of these guys. So if you have any cards of Wallace or Carr lying around - I'd love to trade you for them!)

No comments:

Post a Comment