Friday, May 7, 2010

Anyone noticed the "Bonus Points" feature on Sportlots?

I know Sportlots gets a lot of crap around the sphere-o-blogs for it's user-unfriendliness and lack of photos, but I decided to finally try it out today after months of consideration. I bought 31 cards, all for player collections, and ended up spending under $10 WITH shipping, which is unthinkable generally online for a site that lets you pick your specific cards.

I'll let you all know how the cards look once I receive them (they're all from one seller, no multiples for me!). But in the meantime I wanted to let you know about this weird bonus points e-mail I got afterward. Apparently you get these points every time you shop - I have 6.5 now after my one purchase. If you accumulate these points, you can redeem them for all sorts of cards listed on this one page. Here's a quick peek at some of the stuff - it's a DAMN long list though:
Not too shabby! Some older cards (there's a Molitor rookie there, I saw an Eddie Murray rookie and some 1961 cards as well), some serial #'d cards, some "game used card"s (I assume you get the pictured one, but only some of them actually specify). I know that it would take forever for me to have enough bonus points to redeem for one of those cards - 6.5 is a far cry from even 250, which is the lowest redeemable I saw. But it is extra incentive to use sportlots if you/I can put up with the painstaking card finding process. Maybe I'll try the site again if this first transaction works out for the best?

No comments:

Post a Comment