Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Why You Should Always Leave a Comment: My Newest Tyronn Lue X-Fractor

Waaaay back in April, I stumbled upon a blog called Reds and more...; specifically this post mentioning Tyronn Lue.

For those of you who don't care to click through, the post talks about how Reds and More takes crappy "hits" out of their cases and replaces them with awesomeness like Public Enemy and Rusty Kuntz. In other words, my kind of guy!

But he SPECIFICALLY mentioned pulling a Lue from its case, which meant that I had to comment. Was Lue just the first dude who popped into his head? Or was this a specific case of a rare Lue card ripped from its home, just waiting for a Lue collector like me to slip in and make myself known?

Needless to say, this was a bit of Case B. Reds and more had the card, didn't want the card, and was happy to send it my way. OH HAPPY DAY!

Here's the beauty itself, #'d to 99:
I've been eying this on COMC for a while, but never bit...and I'm glad I didn't, since I have it now! X-fractor-y goodness is always awesome, and this one features Stephon "Starbury" Marbury on defense, which makes it even better since I love Starbury. In NBA2K9 last year, my brothers and I had a team where Lue was our starting point guard and Starbury was the backup. So seeing them both on the same card, and then X-fractor'ed, makes this totally incredible. Loving it!

Here's the back, in its #'d to 31/90:
The back looks just like the regular version (obviously) minus the "Blue Xfractor" notation and that serial number. I do love the write up on this one though, as it highlights a game where Tyronn scored 23 points. Doesn't seem like a lot of points for a highlight to me (in baseball terms that would be like going 2/4 with a triple and 2 RBI and 1 R). But that'll do Lue, that'll do.

Anyways, thanks Reds and more..., as I absolutely love this card! Everyone go check out his blog, as he seems like a great dude!

No comments:

Post a Comment