Wednesday, July 28, 2010

The Last (For a While Anyways) Great COMC Binge - The Serial Numbered Cards

I may not officially collect serial numbered cards anymore, but I still do like them, especially when they're of players I collect. So I bought a few serials of some of my main collections in this purchase, which is always good to do when they're cheap!

This first card has evaded me for a while, which is odd since it's Tyronn Lue's highest serial #'d card at 3,500. Numerous Ebay auctions have passed me by, I've seen it in stores for too much, and so finally I decided to just purchase it and make it mine. Serial #'d 3072/3500, here it is for your viewing pleasure:
Niiice.


I picked up a few more Lue serials in this lot as well. The first represents another now defunct former collection of mine - translucent cards. I had no idea this was translucent til I had it in hand, and man is it a sweet card:
Serial #'d 1050/1500. Easily becomes one of my favorite Lue cards.


This next card is a Seneca Wallace card that I had kept avoiding because I didn't get it. I had Seneca's Topps Pristine base #129, and a Topps Pristine #130 that was numbered to 1499. This card, for whatever reason, is a #129 Refractor numbered to 1449. So it's a different card than 130, but with almost the same print run, even though it's a refractor. Weird, huh:
But it was cheap, and I needed it, so now it's mine. #'d 385/1449.


Last serial but not least, I picked up this Topps Finest X-Fractor Red of Tyronn Lue, #'d 59/99:
I had the regular X-Fractor, but parallels are a must for the player collector, and this one actually looks pretty sweet/was cheap. So again, happy to have it!

And that brings us to an end of the serial numbered cards. Finally getting into the big hits now with relics next, then autos. So the best is yet to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment