Saturday, September 4, 2010

1987 Topps Tiffany - Ahhh, Now I Think I Get It

I remember many months back when I received a 1987 Fleer Fred McGriff in a trade and was bummed since I already had it. Of course, my girlfriend noticed the glossiness, and I realized that it was a parallel...silly me.

On a similar note, I recently discovered the different between 1987 Topps and 1987 Topps Tiffany. Here's 3 cards from 1987...how many of you know which are which?
The answer?

Jones, of course, is a regular 1987. Cruz and Pryor are Tiffany.

The back shows this even better though:
Pryor and Cruz have those fancy traded looking backs, which made no sense to me as a young kid since they weren't traded cards but had different backs. Jones has the regular darker back, which is much less fancy but still cool.

And that's all I've got for this post. I'm sure 99% of you know the different between Tiffany and regular, and so this did nothing for you. But I wanted to post about something I learned...so there ya go!

2 comments:

  1. Having grown up collecting these when they first appeared, I had no idea why certain cards had much better quality than the others. I was a slow kid when it came to collecting, evidently...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice. I knew about the glossyness, but not about the different backs. It's always good to learn something with minimal reading required.

    ReplyDelete