Monday, February 10, 2014

A New Kind of Trifeca - Fred McGriff Corinthian Headliners

I love Corinthian Headliners.  Mentioned it before, and I'm sure I'll mention it again.  And while I mostly focus on cards now, every now and then I pick up a Headliner that never made the collection when we were young.  Usually they're new guys - I grabbed a Greg Maddux a few weeks back, I found a Griffey Jr. at a card store for a few bucks - but with these most recent purchases they completed a trifecta.  And that Trifecta is the Fred McGriff figures - one Braves figure from 1996 and the home and away Devil Rays uniforms from 1997:
The middle Braves one is the one I've had since childhood, as McGriff was always my favorite player and I loved his Braves days.  The Rays ones both came to me in the past few weeks. First I grabbed the white jersey - it popped up as an auction for like $3-4 and I made the grab.  The black Rays jersey emerged at the same time as a BIN OBO and I offered my price but the seller never responded.  I tried again, a bit higher, and he countered, again a bit higher, and that was fine with me.  Now I've got the complete set and I couldn't be happier!

No comments:

Post a Comment