Sunday, August 31, 2014

Sunday Seller Recap: PORT SALE!

COMC Weekly Stats
Cards Sold in the last week: 180
Total money earned from those sales: 75.67
Profit made on those sales (sale cost-initial cost of purchase): -32.89
Cards bought in the last week: 100
Total price paid for those cards: 28.28
Total net credit for the week (Total money earned - Total price paid): 47.39
Net Credit since I began this blog segment: $72.07
Most Recent Sale: 2013 Chrome Tyler Eifert, bought for 8 cents, sold for 9 cents
If you've never heard of a Port Sale on COMC before, they're pretty easy to do, and a great way to get a lot of credit quick.  Basically you up and sell all of your stuff in one fell swoop.  Typically you have to list your port on the site to do so (and pay $10 each week its listed as you take offers), but this week I just sold direct to a guy on Blowout.  Technically I lost out in money as I undersold on a lot of cards - but it let me grab a lot of new stuff which should sell even better - so I‘m happy with the influx of credit, especially since it let me make yet another 50% off purchase from Ajax1723!

Best Sales of the Week
3rd most profit: So obviously everything sold in the port sale.  Everything ends up with weird prices when it all sells at once, but when all was said and done this Felipe Rivero #'d jersey made the most profit, selling at $1 after I bought it for 68 cents.  So a 32 cent profit!

2nd most profit: The best two sales in my port this week both came on Griffey cards from the same set, and both came since the Port Sale.  This Griffey is #100 from 1998 Finest - I bought it for 24 cents and sold it for 74 cents - a tidy little 50 cent profit!

Most profit made on a single card: The other Griffey is #101 from 1999 Finest.  I don't know what makes it different (aside from the year) but it was also bought for 24 cents and then sold for $1.22.  So 98 cents all told in profit.

How did last week's focus cards do?
Well I sold them all - so that's neat.

Focus cards for this week
I tend to try and buy hot players all the time.  Griffey, Trout, guys like that.  This week I bought a few Jorge Solers and expect them to sell fairly quickly.

I also grabbed some weird 1995 Ultra Marvel cards.  They're the Marvel Superheros, but on Spring Break.  The two I bought are Storm and Rogue.  No idea how they'll sell, but they were really cheap and I think they're kinda neat - so here's to hoping they make me a little profit!


COMC Overall Stats
Current Cards for Sale: 100 cards, 93 distinct
Total Asking Price: $88.80
Total SRP (their version of Book Value): $115.00 (68 cards still need to be priced)
August 2014 Sales: 596 cards for $185.76
2014 in general: 2,921 cards for $913.57

No comments:

Post a Comment