Monday, January 11, 2016

First ever completed MASTER SET! Thanks Santa/Dad!

Remember Christmas?  That holiday that happened last year?  Yeah I barely do too...so long ago.

Anyways, I decided to finally post some of the stuff I got for Christmas, starting with the biggest deal of all - the cards that led to my first ever completed Master Set.  I was two cards away from a Corey Alston Master Set before Christmas, and now I'm at 100%, so let's see those cards.

The first is Alston's Pacific Premiere Date, numbered /50:
I grabbed a numberless version on COMC a while back, so I wasn't sure these were ever actually numbered.  Looks like they were, and I've got 21/50.  Like a lot of cards in this set, this one is all flimsy, so it's kind of a weird little card.  But I dig it.

The other card is Alston's Shadow parallel from the same set, /25:
 This is another one that I grabbed the non-numbered card of, but this guy is numbered on the back:
5/25 - good stuff.  It would be Alston's rarest card if I hadn't found that National 1/1 a little while back.  But this is his rarest "widely" distributed card, so that's pretty darn cool.

I've moved Alston from guys I collect down to my completed collections in the right sidebar, and it feels good to finally have a Master Set completed!  If you want to see it all in one place, feel free to check it out right here.  Just three sets, but enough cool parallels (at least in Impressions) to make it interesting to check out.

1 comment: