Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Catching Up on Posting - Sherard Clinkscales

It was kind of nice being home in Massachusetts and seeing my family, but today I was all ready to get back to work and get back into the swing of things here in Indiana. So ready, in fact, that I woke up at 6am for my shift at 9am (I thought it was at 7:30). Whoops.

Instead of sleeping, I decided to catch up on my blogging, since there's a lot of stuff to post. So prepare yourself for three quick blog posts before I head off to work, as that's all I had time to do (and is probably more than anyone needs to read on my blog anyways haha).

This first post is actually pretty simple. A reader emailed me about an old Sherard Clinkscales post saying that he would like to see the back of the card if possible. I used a random google searched version of his 1993 Topps #706 card at the time, and so I couldn't meet that readers request. I did know, however, that I had the card at my parent's house, and told the reader that I'd post it once I had it. So now, after going to Massachusetts and coming back, I bring you 1993 Topps' #706, Sherard Clinkscales.

Front:
and Back:
For those who can't read the tiny print on the back, it reads:
"Sherard was a first team All-Big Ten selection at Purdue University in 1992. He pitched a No-Hitter in his final collegiate game, vs. Indiana University (awkward since I go to IU haha), May 9, after which he was named BigTen Player of the Week. Sherard has enjoyed loyal support from his father, former minor league pitcher Lester Clinkscales, who ran out to the mound after the No-Hitter to congratulate his son. 'He's been there for me through the terrible games and the good ones', said Sherard. 'I'm so glad he could be here to witness the whole thing.'"

No comments:

Post a Comment