Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Ballot Six of the Great Sports Name Hall of Fame - IT'S HERE! Vote Please!

Voting for Ballot Six of the Great Sports Name Hall of Fame HAS ENDED! See the results here.

Ballot 6 of the Great Sports Name Hall of Fame is up - and look how excited Jon Papelbon is! Woohoo, bring on the Jagerbombs and let's get this name party started!

The Names (rules are below for those who need them):
Wonderful Terrific Monds the Third
Jung Bong
Lucious Pusey
Earthwind Moreland
Ben Gay
Ten Million
Misty Hyman
D'Brickashaw Ferguson
Destiny Frankenstein
Manli Wang
Prince Octopus Dzanie
Razor Shines
Jetsy Extrano
Arrowhead
Dimaster Delgado
Dikembe Mutombo Mpolondo Mukamba Jean-Jacques Wamutombo
Chukwuemeka Ndubuisi Okafor
Sixto Lezcano
Pete LaCock
Given Kutz
Al Bansavage
Chamique Holdsclaw
Baskerville Holmes
Barbaro Canizares


The Rules:
1. Read the ballot list above once again. Chuckle, chortle, giggle even. Repeat.

2. Pick between one and ten names from the list that you think stand out above the rest. If you think seven names rule, pick seven. If only one makes the grade, vote for one. Up to you.

3. Go to the comments (or email us) and write down your list of favorites from #2. This is your "ballot," and this is where I take the votes from!

4. If there's a name you think is hilarious that you'd like to be eligible for future voting but don't see here, let me know. It could be a part of a future ballot!

5. That's all you've got to do, but if you are interested in the official rules and regulations of the GSNHOF, you can check them out here.


Make your selections ladies and gents, as we've got to keep this hall legit! Voting is open until January 2, 2010 at 11:59pm. Why the arbitrary end date? Well I will be bouncing around during the holidays, and it'll be easier for me if I can tally the votes and whatnot then.

Also, I'm aiming for 100 voters this time around. My previous high is 47, so 100 is a lofty goal, but I think I can do it. I'll be promoting this ballot everywhere I can, but any help you can give is much appreciated as well. I would love links to the ballot from some of my blogging friends, but I have nothing to really offer you except for good karma right now, so that's up to you.

Whatever you do, please vote for your favorites. We can't reach 100 ballots without you!

26 comments:

  1. Sixto Lezcano
    D'Brickashaw Ferguson

    ReplyDelete
  2. For this ballot I will vote for Lucious Pusey and Ben Gay... For future ballots please consider Harry Chappas and our good friend Dick Pole... I'm still laughing BTW.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Bo and Troll!

    Chappas will definitely be added to my list. Pole was actually already nominated and eliminated on a past ballot. One of my personal faves, but he just couldn't pull that many votes. Check him out on the sidebar if you want under the good names.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ben Gay
    Lucious Pucey
    Manli Wang

    You could cut the sexual tension with a knife.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lot of great names here.
    I vote for:

    1. Razor Shines (downright super cool name)
    2. Baskerville Holmes
    3. Sixto Lezcano

    So I went with names that seemed ultra clever (like stuff out of literature), sound cool, look cool, and weren't too jokey to take serious. IMO you gotta be able to take these dudes serious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I vote for Manli Wang, Pete LaCock. Dang, to shlong related votes (not that there is anything wrong with that). Oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Misty Hyman
    Baskerville Holmes
    Lucious Pusey
    Manli Wang

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nobody's voting for Wonderful Terrific Monds? That's sad.

    Monds for me. And Pete LaCock must be there, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I vote thusly:
    Wonderful Terrific Monds the Third
    Misty Hyman
    Razor Shines
    Pete LaCock
    Baskerville Holmes

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lucious Pusey
    Razor Shines
    Pete LaCock
    Given Kutz

    Dude lovin the names..... what the hell where the mom's and dad's thinking...

    ReplyDelete
  11. @ Night Owl - I know, right? My brother messaged me earlier to say that Wonderful needs to pick it up. He was the inspiration for this Hall, yet he never gets enough votes to get in. What's it gonna take?

    @ everyone else - Thanks for all the votes so far! Including facebook friends of mine, I'm at 19 votes currently! That's definitely a first day record (and more than I've had for some ballots entirely)! On the way to 100!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dikembe's whole name sounds like the name game with jean-jacques instead of bananafanna.

    Lucious and Manli should swap.

    And Pete is just over the top...

    So to review:
    Dikembe Mutombo....
    Lucious Pusey
    Manli Wang
    and #1 Pete LaCock

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow, Manli Pusey? That would truly be the greatest name of them all! Good thinking good sir.

    ReplyDelete
  14. All right---I've been putting off voting. Wonderful Terrific Monds, Razor Shines, Sixto Lezcano and Pete Lacock. GREAT names all, but these are my faves.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks Matt and CCC!

    As for Coco Crisp, he is ineligible for the contest due to Coco being a nickname. I wrote about him in the past, and he's not under the Wannabees label.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Mr Walrus (really alex)December 18, 2009 at 4:40 PM

    Razor Shines
    Baskerville Holmes
    Barbaro Canizares
    Earthwind Moreland (I think it's about time)
    WTM3 (ditto)
    Manli Wang
    Misty Hyman
    and Lucious Pusey, just for spite.

    I'd also like to see Dick "Less Rifle" Riffle nominated on his real name's merit, because it has merit.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Much agreed on WTM3 and Earthwind Alex. Sadly, the world does not seem to agree with us. Nice selections though.

    And I do think Dick Riffle may eventually make an appearance. Like Paul Dikov before him, it's close enough that it still remains funny.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Razor Shines,
    Pete LeCock (former Cub),
    Al Bansavage (I loved watching Boy Meets World and Topanga)

    Charley

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sixto and Bong.

    Can I nominate a collegiate Women's Volleyball Player for a future vote:

    Destinee Hooker

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks Charley and Deal!

    And sure, you can definitely nominate her. Fair Hooker is in the hall and Destiny Frankenstein is on this ballot...the two combined is pretty sweet as well!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Just one name on my ballot. Don't want the Hall watered down with Jim Rice quality names.

    Wonderful Terrific Monds III. I actually have a ball signed by him. He was playing for the Macon Braves in 1994 and I was a season ticketholder in Greensboro. Always bugged me. I thought he was loads better than his outfield mate Jermaine Dye.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I appreciate the effort to keep the Hall pure and awesome Mad Guru. We only have four names in the Hall so far out of a long list, and I like to think that they truly are the four best sports names of all time.

    ReplyDelete
  23. • Wonderful Terrific Monds The Third
    • Misty Hyman
    • Razor Shines
    • Baskerville Holmes
    • Dikembe Mutombo Mpolondo Mukamba Jean-Jacques Wamutombo
    • Prince Octopus Dzanie
    • Ten Million
    • Sixto Lezcano
    • Chukwuemeka Ndubuisi Okafor
    • Manli Wang

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm gonna go with Jung Bong and Razor Shines.

    ReplyDelete
  25. #1-Sixto Lezcano
    #2-Pete LaCock (Son of former Hollywood Squares Host Peter Marshall)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thank you for the vote Nutball...unfortunately the ballot ended about 3 months ago. Please vote in the next ballot if you can!

    ReplyDelete