Thursday, May 27, 2010

Now That's What I Call a Trade! - New Deal with First Pitch Discount Sportscards

Now, I've mentioned First Pitch on here before - they're a Beckett store who I've bought from and traded with.

Well I recently decided that I'd try to trade with them again. I had some super nice cards to give and some set needs to fill...and so I sent them an e-mail. About a week later all was ironed out, and I ended up with EXCELLENCE! Check it out!

First we had the awesome relics, 5 in this case. 1 David Carr, 1 Shaun King, 1 Rich Hill (/125), and 2 Duce Staleys:
The Shaun King is especially nice - it has a book value of like $30, but they threw it in anyways, and it's not a plain white jersey piece! So thanks guys!


Continuing on, a totally sweet DBraz auto and some major player collection needs, including Tanyon Sturtze's RC, a Pete LaCock Topps Mini, and a Seneca Wallace card:
I now have 19 of 24 Pete LaCock cards...SO CLOSE TO A COMPLETE PLAYER COLLECTION! I need two obscure minor league cards, two Royals team issue cards, and a 1978 SSPC card to complete that set...so wish me luck! And offer me a trade if you have any of those cards, as I will give up a lot!


My final cool piece o' the trade are these last 4 serial #'d cards:
2 Tyronn Lue serial #'d cards (/99 and /2500), as well as two more 1995 Signature Rookies #8 Stephane Roys. I'm going for as many as possible when it comes to Roy, as he's my second favorite hockey player of all time, so I was happy to pick up two of these cards on the cheap!


And since it's so awesome, here's the front of the /99 Lue card:
What an awesome guy, and what a shiny card. Best part? The name/team/position area looks like a Fleer Metal Universe card...which is pure joy for me!

Thanks FPDSC! Coming through again as always...I hope my stuff sells well for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment