Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Year's Resolutions: Last Year's Revisited and This Year's Established

Happy New Year everyone! I'm posting this at 11:11 on 1/1/11, which seems like a good time to me! Decided I'd start the year with resolutions, first by taking a look back at last year's - there were 5:
1. Fewer trade posts with the tradeoff being more "real" posts
2. Collect 500 McGriffs and complete my 1989 and 1992 Topps Sets
3. Get all of my McGriff cards posted
4. Try to sell some cards
5. Collect 100 Senecas (Added 6/19/10)

Successes: Goals 2 (had this goal accomplished by halfway through the year), 4, and at times 1.
Failures: 3 (I gave up on that idea), 5 (which isn't terrible since I gave myself 6 months to collect 43 pricier cards), and at times 1.

All in all, not bad. Bummer that I didn't reach Seneca's 100 by year's end, but I still added 20 cards of his in under 6 months, which is nice given some of his prices. As for trade posts...I like them, and I realized I'm going to write a lot of them since I trade a lot. I'll just try to make them more interesting instead of photo dumps, as I know they won't leave this blog anytime soon.

So that's that. On to the new New Year's Resolutions for the blog for 2011! I'd like to go with these 5:
1. Collect 100 Senecas - I'm at 75 so this means 25 new ones - think I can manage this though it could be pricey, so we'll see.

2. Boost my Duce Staley Supercollection to 10% completion - My McGriff, Seneca, and Lue supercollections are all coming along swimmingly. My Duce collection is newer and so I still need a ton of his cards. Right now I have 4.2%, which is 60 cards. Another 84 cards will get me to 144, or about 10%. Since I don't have a lot of his base cards I can maybe pull this off.

3. Complete a set - I'm being intentionally vague here - it could be a master set of a player (not including Glenn Burke as that one will be easy) or a set itself. Regardless, I'm far from completing most sets, so completing anything would be nice. I'm thinking 1995 Topps baseball would be easiest to complete, or one of it's subsets. But I could see 1999 Upper Deck MVP Football being a dark horse.

4. Trade more trade bait! - Lately I've been pretty successful at getting rid of stacks of cards I don't need for stuff I love. I hope to keep this going as much as possible - it's nice having boxes to store my cards rather than trade bait cards.

5. Find my blogger balance - This one's hard, as I try to post everyday but that sometimes comes at the expense of life stuff, or at the expense of post quality. I don't know where my happy medium is, but this year I'd like to find it. Whether it's 7 posts a week, 3 posts a week, 1 post a week, I'll be posting. And hopefully it'll be good/enjoyable for all of you!

There you have it, my 5 2011 Resolutions. Hopefully I'll complete a few like I did last year, as it definitely feels nice to meet those goals. I hope you readers meet your resolutions (if you set them) as well! And have a very happy 2011!

4 comments:

  1. I love New Year's Resolutions... and checking the results the following year. Best of luck in reaching these goals... and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck reaching your goals! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete