Tuesday, January 25, 2011

A Weird New Seneca: The 2003 Fleer Authentix Experience

I recently posted about the strange concept that is 2003 Fleer Authentix, what with its removable parts and all. I then picked up the Seneca Wallace version (#'d 0050/1250) a few days later, and so I figured I'd show you guys this oddity in detail since I now own it!

Here's the front. Pretty standard like your baseball version:

Here's what it looks like WITHOUT the rookie authentix ticket that comes with the card:

I thought originally that the booster tickets slipped in over the top of the card, like a stub. But instead they slide in through the side, which you can see on the left middle of the back of the card:

And then finally we have the booster ticket itself:

I really hope to someday get all three kinds of boosters (along with the other three Authentix parallels). They seem really hard to pick up, so we'll see how tricky that venture ends up. Regardless, this is Seneca #76 for me, so I'm happy with it! And it's certainly my weirdest Seneca card to date too, which is cool.

1 comment:

  1. Unique idea by Fleer... I've never seen these before. Look forward to seeing the post when you grab an booster update for Seneca.

    ReplyDelete