Friday, May 27, 2011

My First Seneca from the Bench, and a Scott Rolen Cup Card

Just as the Blowout Forums led to Sports Card Forum, Sports Card Forum led me to The Bench. The While SCF sort of seems like the master site (and the safest site) and Blowout seems buy/sell heavy, The Bench is big on trading from what I can tell so far. Nevertheless I purchased this Seneca card on the cheap, one that I've been seeking for a long time. It's his Upper Level Booster Ticket card, aka the weird card that breaks into four inserts to put in my 2003 Fleer Authentix cards:
I won't be breaking this one up since I want a pristine one for my master set, but I will try to track down another copy of this foursome to put in my ticket cards. Such an odd concept, so I have to try it out!


And then we have a cup card. Barely a cup card, since the blue cooler is in the very bottom left and the focus is on a dugout celebration, but a cup card!
As I've said a thousand times, I love dugout cards. Not enough to officially collect them, but enough to enjoy shots like this. I wonder if Rolen just hit a homerun? He hit 21 in 1997, so I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case!

No comments:

Post a Comment