Friday, August 21, 2015

Newest COMC Grabs - The PC Football Stuff

Pretty self explanatory, so the final COMC post of this round starts now.

And it starts strong, with a really sharp Joique Bell Auto from Bowman Sterling:
This auto was, again, stupid cheap.  I'm curious how much Bell's autos will run for once the season gets going, especially with Reggie Bush out of Detroit.

I was also surprised to see B.J. Daniels /99 parallel come so cheap to me as well:
Daniels had 2 catches for 15 yards in the preseason opener as he attempts to make the move from QB to WR.  I definitely continue to wish him the best of luck!

This package had a few DeMeco Ryans cards in it from COMC, one being this sweet two color Senior Bowl patch
 and the other being this rookie auto:
Both great adds to the PC.

As I tend to do, since he has SO MANY FRIGGEN CARDS, I added a bunch of nice Mohamed Massaquoi stuff in this package.  Starting with a Topp Chrome auto:

And then adding a Mirror blue three relic/auto card

As well as 3 entries from Donruss Gridiron Gear, which must've had 783 subsets in 2009
I say that because that's where the bulk of Massaquoi's cards seem to come from, but they generally look nice despite the sticker autos, so it's hardly the worst.  I especially like that big Browns logo card with the auto - that one is pretty cool.

Nearing the end of this post, I added a few Priest Holmes cards.  I really like the red on red of this first one

But this patch stands out as particularly great
(It's my first Chiefs patch card of Holmes, and it also completes the weird two card set he had in that year's ultimate Collection).

I do have a soft spot for this mismatched Pacific Premiere Date card, #'d /86, though
Die cuts have grown a lot on me in my old age, as have legitimate Pacific serial numbered cards since there were so many non numbered back-doored cards back in the day

And speaking of legitimately numbered Pacific cards, the final card of this post is one of those - a Shyrone Stith HoloSilver /85:
Stith is still one of my bigger collections, so it was cool of a guy on Blowout to mention that this card was on COMC for me.  I tend to notice if something rare pops up on one of those sites, but occasionally I miss one and have to rely on the awesomeness of others!

No comments:

Post a Comment