Wednesday, July 22, 2020

Double dipping on Ebay - Lots of new PC parallels

A few posts ago, I mentioned my need to buy smarter from a certain Ebay seller.  So after seeing all the Stiths I added to my PC with that purchase, I decided to see if I could find $30+ worth of cards of my other PC players from that same seller.  Since this post exists...I was successful!

First cards up are some Dedunos.  I always look for these when I buy from somewhere, and I was able to grab two snazzy parallels /500.
I now have 6 of this parallel and over 60 copies of this card total!  Nice little progress on this chase this year.

The guy I grabbed the most cards for from this lot was Ben Gay.  He doesn't have a lot of cards, but when people have some of them available, they tend to have them in bunches.  The cards I picked up include his silver parallel /275, finishing that little set:

This Titanium Retail base, which I had never seen before and actually really dig (There's supposedly a jersey /75 but I heard they were never made):

This Fleer Maximum card, which is now my FAVORITE Ben Gay card because it lists him as a kick returner with kick return stats on the back:

And this Ultra Gold Medallion card:
Gotta love those Ultra Gold cards, even when they're kind of cheesed up with the "Signed by Colts" text.

The other player I grabbed multiple cards from (Aside from Deduno) is Woody Dantzler.  I grabbed these two cool Atomic die cuts.  The /465 is the "base" one while the red is a parallel:

It's definitely always weird when a parallel is non-serial numbered but the basic card is.  That's what you get with hobby and retail variants though  I guess.

The other Dantzler is another card I had never seen before, from 2002 Topps Debut.  Really shiny looking card in person, definitely love it:

The last few cards are all one offs.  The first is a Bowman Gold parallel of Lamont Brightful, which is /50.  I had the base and the silver so this completes that little set for me, though I still have to tackle all the Chrome variants and some uncirculated cards:

Speaking of finishing partial sets, this Score Gold /650 did that for me with Shantee Orr.  Score has a Select variant that I still need though, so I'll finish building that part eventually:

And the last card of the group also finishes a mini set - this Thaddeus Lewis Gold /50 finished my little Plates and Patches set.  I already had the Platinum /10, so I'm glad this one showed up:

2 comments:

  1. I've come across a handful of those Atomic D/C cards. They're pretty cool. I might have to find one Ben Gay card for my Sports Card Smorgasbord binder. He has one of the coolest names in sports.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He really does. And those Atomic are so cool, I had no idea there were so many variants!

      Delete